Yesterday driving to visit my parents after three months of work travel. I was listening to one of Sun El new song Mandinaye (with you), I love this song. I picked up some groceries at Seadoone mall, just to have something to show to my parents. As I join the N2 again driving towards uMkomaas, on my car side mirror next to the driver’s set. I noticed a bee was holding on to the side mirror, luckily the window was closed. During this period I was travelling at 60 to 80km/hr. I thought the bee will be blown away, not this bee. I started accelerating to 100km/hr – 120km/hr to see if the bee will be blown away. The bee continued to hold on the side mirror, I travelled for about 15km before taking off-ramp to Magabheni. I looked at the side mirror the bee was still on the mirror.
I stopped at the stop sign when I turned to the side mirror I saw the bee “flying” away. From the stop sign driving home on the local road. I was asking myself what made the bee not to be blown away and what made the bee to only move when the car was stationary. I spend almost 5 hours with my parents and my older sister. I returned home in Pinetown, as l park the car. I recalled my dilemma of a bee on the side mirror. I realised one thing that the bee believed was its strength. One of the bee strengths is legs and wings. Bees have two wings on each side of their body, which are held together with comb-like teeth called hamuli. These teeth allow the two wings to act as one large surface and help the bee create greater lift when flying. Each bee leg has claws for gripping and sticky pads to assist the bee in landing on slick surfaces. Bees also have taste receptors on the tips of their legs https://www.beeremovallongisland.com/carpenterbee.html#:~:text=Carpenter%20bees%20have%20two%20wings,create%20greater%20lift%20when%20flying.
After reading the strength of the wings and the legs of the bee, I realised that the bee knew its strength and believe in it. The bee features six legs and two pairs of wings. The muscles in the thorax allow the bee to control the movement of the wings during flight. The rapid contractions of the muscles produce the quicksilver movement of the wings https://www.perfectbee.com/learn-about-bees/the-science-of-bees/the-anatomy-of-bees. It clear that the bee kept its strength in good condition to function in the high-speed wind like moving car side mirror
I recalled something that one wise man told me, one of the human being strengths is the BRAIN. We need to be like the bee and believe in our brain’s capability, improving our brain strength and keep our brain in good condition to withstand any challenges in life like the bee side mirror. 8 ways to improve, condition and increase brain capacity:
- Service / Serve: Service is defined as someone or something that is intended to provide help to those assisting others. Being of service to something — a person, a group, a community, a cause or a belief — means that you’ve chosen to engage without expectation of reciprocation. There is a belief that to gain a greater sense of purpose and meaning in life it helps to participate in serving others. You will likely help yourself and others find a more powerful perception of life meaning, increase mental and physical well-being for yourself and others.
- Teach: Teach is instructing or training to cause knowledge gain or skill. Teach can be used for any method of passing on information or skill so that others may learn. They say when you teach, you understand the concept better and gain more skill in the process. Take time to teach others you will be a better person then you were the previse day.
- Reflection: Reflecting is about thinking things through, a reflective person is a little different — he or she might have great insight due to taking the time to time caring about things. Reflection allows the brain to pause amidst the chaos, untangle and sort through observations and experiences, consider multiple possible interpretations, and create meaning. This meaning becomes learning, which can then inform future mindsets and actions. Reflecting will help you know better on the same situation.
- Empower: It about improving others or yourself. When empowering another person, you impact that person, but not just them. You are impacting the world and, ultimately, yourself. This is one of the ways of serving others like they say you will likely help yourself and others by empowering others and find a powerful perception of life meaning, increase mental and physical well-being for yourself and others.
- Nice: Being nice is when you are polite to people and treat people well. Being kind is when you care about people and show you care. Doing nice things for others boosts your serotonin, the neurotransmitter responsible for feelings of satisfaction and well-being. Like exercise, altruism also releases endorphins, a phenomenon is known as a “helper’s high.” Just be nice, you may not need that gym substruction.
- Gratitude: Gratitude is a warm feeling of thankfulness towards the world, or towards specific individuals. The person who feels gratitude is thankful for what they have and does not constantly seek more. The benefits of practicing gratitude are nearly endless. People who regularly practice gratitude by taking time to notice and reflect upon the things they’re thankful for experience more positive emotions, feel more alive, sleep better, express more compassion and kindness, and even have stronger immune systems. Just practice gratitude you may sleep better and have a stronger immune system, less time at the doctor’s office.
- Trust: Its ability to reliability and firm belief, you are less lonely and able to connects. You become more authentic about life is self and see the things more positive view. Your relationship will be improved, and your team perform will in your presence. Being more trusting may improve your circle of influence.
- Health: Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Being healthy should be part of your overall lifestyle. Living a healthy lifestyle can help prevent chronic diseases and long-term illnesses. Feeling good about yourself and taking care of your health is important for your self-esteem and self-image. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by doing what is right for your body.
Practicing the 8 ways to improve the condition and increase brain capacity will help in knowing your strength like the bee on the side mirror. Do you know your strength and what would you have done if you were the bee in the side mirror?